Sunday, June 19, 2011

Bruce Springsteen's classic father and son story


Here's an excerpt from my column "The Boss, Pops and me," running today on front of the Herald's A&E section:
My first Springsteen show is one of countless special memories my dad has made with me.
But we also have our share of cruddy ones.
Few people can argue like my old man and me.
Drives Mom crazy.
We’ve both mellowed with age, but every now and then a friendly political or religious debate turns into a war of words.
That’s when, after cooling down, I often go home and play “The River,” my favorite track from “Live 1975-85.”
Read the entire column




Incidentally, I filed this column nearly two weeks ago because of a long-planned vacation and wasn't fully aware of the worsening health of E Street saxophonist Clarence Clemons, who died Saturday. RIP Big Man.


No comments: