Monday, November 12, 2012

Bradenton area will be better when political signs are replaced by holiday decorations


Christmas stuff starts too early.

That's how I felt.

Hearing holiday songs in the first week of November?

Nauseating.

Not this year.

I'm already rocking Christmas on 92.1 FM.

And not just when the fiancée controls the radio.

Last week, I bought a fresh DVD of "A Christmas Story" and cooked us a ham dinner with mashed potatoes, gravy and cranberry sauce.

Yep, the holiday season has begun in our happy home.

After a terribly long and turbulent political season I want Christmas cheer for the rest of the year.

The sights, sounds, smells:

Everything.

Especially the sights.

Give me light displays that qualify as Griswoldian.

Read more of my Sunday column.

—Jay Sweeney's decorative holiday masterpiece on Bradenton's "Christmas Street." HERALD FILE PHOTO

Read more here: http://www.bradenton.com/2012/11/11/4272600/bradenton-area-will-be-better.html#storylink=cpy

No comments: