Monday, December 3, 2012

Bradenton area would be so much better if I had won the $588,000,000 jackpot


I didn't wake up last Thursday a multimillionaire after the largest Powerball jackpot drawing ever. But I did spend some quality time the night before thinking about what I would do if I did win the $587.5 million. Bet you did, too.

For starters, the fiancée would get anything and everything she desires. Luckily, that would mean still living in Manatee County. She loves it here. I do, too.

We'd probably buy up property on the northern tip of Anna Maria Island. Create a cozy complex of cottages. I like the sound of "Tatangelo Town." There would be everything from a water park to houses with personal caretakers for all three of our dogs.

Then we would get down to the business of really making things right.

I don't think $587.5 million would do much toward changing the world, especially after Uncle Sam took his cut. But that kind of money could do wonders for life in the Bradenton area.

Like extending Riverwalk all the way from downtown to the gates of our new home on AMI. Better yet, we'd pay for the newly named Bradenton Area City Walk to snake through the entire county.

Read more.

—Riverwalk was popular on a recent Saturday morning in downtown Bradenton.TIFFANY TOMPKINS-CONDIE/Bradenton Herald

Read more here: http://www.bradenton.com/2012/12/02/4299742/if-i-had-won-the-588000000-jackpot.html#storylink=cpy

No comments: